Saturday, March 01, 2003

I woke up this morning at about 9:15 with wanderlust. But I only wandered as far as the City Cafe for coffee and an apple-crumb muffin. I tried to get back into the murder mystery I checked out from the library, but I had "conversation energy" and wanted to deconstruct last night w/Sassafrass Teawrap, so I did something I find utterly ridiculous when others do it. I got on my cell phone and chatted instead of enjoying my book, savoring my coffee and letting the muffin fill me up.

Still, it was pleasant to be at the coffeehouse alone; I think it may become my Saturday morning ritual.

I've recently returned from the market where I picked up a few things for the scrumptious dinner Sarahbina is making for me and Mikhail. Butternut squash soup, Near East rice tossed with toasted pine nuts and spinach & cream... pound cake w/fresh sliced peaches for dessert, and pinot grigio. I wish Mr. R. were coming over...

No comments: