Tuesday, January 10, 2006

So I saw the guy with whom I split a cab a few weeks back. Yesterday evening I was standing at the bus stop near my job waiting for the 4:45 when I happened to look up and see him, across the street, walking with a couple of other guys. They were clearly leaving the nearby construction site for the day. I'm glad to know that he got the job he went on and on about. He also seemed to have had a few already. That would be consistent.

The progressive dinner was okay. I entered the festivities at the third house (that of my neighbor) for the dessert portion. I had a tablespoon of banana pudding. That's it! I ended up talking at length with a bio-physicist Ph.D. candidate. He was one of these ask a lot of questions types. In a good way. He was apparently of the school of thought that "interested is interesting."

One of my coworkers resigned yesterday and I can't say that I'm surprised. There are pockets of low morale on our team, and I don't think she will be the last one to leave.

No comments: