Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Operation The last 45 Pounds: Day 2

I have been holding at about 160 (165 post holiday weight at present)for the last few months. My gym attendance has been completely sporadic and while I by no means regressed to my old eating habits, I have been allowing myself all kinds of luxuries of late. A year ago on March 4th I told myself that I would be at my goal weight within one year. I may just get close to that. Today was my second day in a row of gym attendance and it is my objective to get there everyday and do a half hour, at least, on a cardio machine of my choice. Not that long ago, it seems, I was doing nearly an hour on the elliptical several times a week, but it started to wear on me, so I think I need to take it down a notch or two and shoot for consistency over marathon sessions.

I'm also going back to the eating pattern that was working for me. Several small meals and snacks during the day, taking some of the fat I'd allowed to sneak back into my diet, out, and of course pushing the fruits and vegetables and the water.

It's been nice to get all the support I've gotten on the weight I've lost so far, but I want to take it to the end. I won't be satisfied until I do.

No comments: