Friday, January 13, 2006

A Foggy Day in Charm City

Cold Humidity. So gorgeous. Clouds that stop just short of touching the pavement. I've just had a scrumptuous breakfast (veggie fritatta, sausage, and oatmel w/ decaf coffee & whole milk)--I'm always so ravenous in the morning, and I think that lifting yesterday amped up my appetite even more. I'm still nursing the coffee and I'm starting to think about tidying up my cubicle.

After all the goings on here at the office over the last several weeks I am relieved that my manager will be on vacation all of next week. So glad in fact, that I almost wish Monday were not a paid holiday, because I want the full benefit of 5 solid days without that vibe around here. But I comfort myself in the following way: said manager will not return until Wednesday of next week, so after all is said and done, we'll have more than a week of peace.

Tonight, after work, we're all heading over to a local place for happy hour in honour of our fallen comrade (coworker who was railroaded into quitting, essentially), and then I will go to the gym. Tomorrow morning, off to the salon! And then I see my good friend V. It's all about little ports in the storm.

No comments: