Friday, January 20, 2006

I made it to the office, for just over half the day. I was home by about 1:15. I just started to feel exhausted and in danger of overdoing it, so I gathered up my things, pleased to have made it through the bulk of the day. It was so good to see my coworkers again, two of them in particular. And I got some good work done.

Once back on my couch, I flipped through the latest O magazine and watched the daytime schedule of syndicated shows I came to count on to buoy me through the worst of my flu or whatever it was. I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the first Drew Carey and was out until the end of the second one. I dreamed I was walking with my father on an errand to pick up pizza for everyone back at our vacation house. But he was so overcome with hunger on the way back that he just tore into the box and began wolfing down the contents. Watching him, I realized how starving I was. This caused me to wake up and go to the fridge to grab a yogurt I purchased from Whole Foods earlier this afternoon. I continue to be intrigued by how the body will find a way to tell you what it needs--how resourceful it is.

I haven't had time to comment on my very emotionally productive time with Victoria last Saturday night. It was validating where the relational angst of the last year is concerned. Details aren't important and wouldn't serve my goal of discretion, but I can say this. It's good when someone knows just where you're coming from and can support you without compromising her own position on things. Thank you, God, for noble friends.

No comments: