Thursday, January 26, 2006

Easy Peasy

I loved seeing Devika prior to my class tonight and look forward to many more meetings through early May! My train commute, thanks to my mix, was the appropriate combination of introspective and arty. The 3:30 is an express, so we made it to DC in about 45 minutes. Train travel still connotes such tortured, beautiful longing for me.

This poetry workshop is going to be enjoyable; I can feel it. I had an immediate sense that the exchanges will be beneficial and governed by a kind of poetic simpatico. This was also the case last night in my "The Short Story: Past and Present" class. Maybe I'm just used to the way things work now, but in both cases I felt like a duck in water. I have my bearings.

And if all that weren't enough, My instructor was able to give me a lift home tonight because a prior commitment of hers wasn't in effect this evening. That beat waiting around for the 10:45 train and not getting back to Baltimore till midnight!

Oh, and I made an appointment to look at three apartments next Friday! Progress.

No comments: