Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sarah and I went to Pei Wei on York Road for a very late lunch/early dinner and I had a soba-miso noodle bowl that was absolutely delicious. Ginger, Shitake mushrooms, Spinach, and Chicken in a generous bed of soba noodles. At that moment I felt like it was the best thing I had ever eaten. And so healthy! I didn't get to work out today, which was a disappointment, but on the whole I've eaten pretty light, so perhaps it will all balance out.

In an effort to be more social, I'm attending part of a Graduate Christian Fellowship progressive dinner at a neighbor's house at 7 p.m. tonight. I'm still stuffed from the soba, so I hope it's okay that I don't want to have anything to eat.
I really feel like I'm supposed to go. It's good for me to make these small strides.

Yesterday I got two pair of pants and three sweaters from Old Navy. So now I know I should never buy jeans there, at least not until I'm closer to my goal weight, but maybe not even then. Even with their larger sizes (and I have to give them credit for offering sizes for women who would be considered plus sizes), it's clear that they have no expectation that a woman might have hips! Even when I'm smaller hips will be my curse. I've always wanted one of those androgynous bodies like Gwyneth Paltrow's (she, herself, seems very feminine, but her body is, in many ways, like a boy's), but that is not my lot in life.

I've always wished I had a lithe, elegant shape. I'm five feet tall, so of course my legs are short. Dresses and skirts are not my friends, unless they are A-lines, but even then, a pair of jeans or trousers are best.

No comments: