Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dramatic Conclusion

My now ex-coworker ended up storming out (and rightfully so)on Tuesday afternoon, three full work days before her official end of service. I had just been commenting, not that long ago, to friends that I had grown to love everyone with whom I work so much, the Upper Eschelon aside, that I was content to stay put for the foreseeable future.

The downturn began slightly before Christmas. All sorts of decisions were being made at the top that eroded our collective morale, and then with all of the sidebar dramas between individual persons and management, well...

You know, I was trying to not be negative so I never voiced this, but when I started to feel that happy, I also started to feel that it was undoubtedly to be short-lived (though I hoped it would not be), because part of what makes a period in time magical (yes, it did feel magical)is the ephemeral nature of the conditions that come together to create it.

So, where does this leave me? Mobilizing, getting my ducks in a row.

No comments: