Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cabin Fever

I may finally be coming out on the other side of this...thing that had me in its tenterhooks. Obviously I won't be going into many details, but I will say that the overarching theme of this illness was the way it crippled my will. I didn't have the usual haze, the jaundiced lens that superimposes itself over the world when I'm sick. I just couldn't seem to make anything happen much. If I wanted to watch a "Judging Amy" rerun on the TNT network at 12, I had to start actively thinking about getting out of bed at 9, so that by 11:45 I'd be situated on the couch with the remote in hand. Or I'd be thirsty for hours before I'd finally manage to get a glass of water.

In any case, I think I've turned a corner b/c I just got back from what was supposed to be a quick errand, but that turned into about a half hour walk and I felt so invigorated! Now I'm going to have some mango sorbet.

I'm trying this food thing again.

No comments: