Thursday, June 02, 2005

When I walked into the Common Room in the apartment building on St. Paul Street and saw a smattering of folk sitting in a circle, songbooks on chairs, it reminded me of any number of other times I have walked into such a gathering. The same harmless, cum ba ya vibe is present in every gathering of believers I have ever been to. Maybe it's time I stopped expecting Post Evangelical Christians to be edgy and existentialist. I've met a few of that fringe breed in my time. I fell in love with one of them. As you know, it didn't end well.

Because I have taken the summer off, I have all of my evenings free, which means I can finally attend the Graduate Christian Fellowship group as much as I'd like to do so. If things go well, and I make a connection with the members, then I would also want to continue into the fall, provided I have no Wednesday classes.

In any event, a weekly touchstone of fellowship could be a wonderful context for healing, and like an Alice Munro protagonist, I need to find all the stray parts of myself, coax them back into wholeness...

No comments: