Wednesday, June 15, 2005

And now for a real blog entry...

Yesterday morning I sent off a four-poem entry to a regional journal's contest. First prize is publication as well as money. It's my first, timid step toward having a credible career as a published poet.

My next big hurdle? Finding a doc to write me a script for Zyrtec (I'm allergic to cats) before I acquire a feline. I just don't want to have to start up a file at some doc's office just to get allergy medicine. I don't have a physician on retainer at the moment. I wonder if a Patient First (Fast-health Clinic) will write me up one. I'm not worried about side effects. My body responds very well to medicine/prescription drugs.

Listening to the Garden State soundtrack. The work day is 2.5 hours from being over. Tonight is my second Graduate Fellowship Bible study. But before that, I must go work out. We had a team lunch here at work...Mexican...which was a luxury I can't necessarily afford, given my aggressive goal of a cumulative 70-pound loss by my birthday.

The contractual hottie here at la oficina is going on hiatus for the next six weeks. Ay. Ay. Ay.

No comments: