Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Charles Village Fair

After a hearty breakfast at the One World (my seeming home away from home, along with the Charles Theatre where I saw Layer Cake last night), Caryl and I walked over to the heart of Charles Village for the annual street fair. I had been avoiding this adjacent neighborhood like the plague for fear of running into g and his gf-now-fiancee (both are residents), but I'm feeilng less and less anxious about such an event these days.

We scored some coveted DVDs from a used movies for purchase booth, then went to Record & Tape Traders where I unexpectedly found the black, patent leather clock purse my mother has been wanting for months! My limited budget be damned! I threw caution to the wind and bought it for her, cause, well... she's my mom! And when was I going to find this thing again? I'm sure you understand...

I also scored Amos Lee's album, the EP of which Catherine turned me on to about 2.5 years ago! And what is more, I got him for a great price. So, with the clock purse, Amos Lee, and some super fun vinyl recordable cds in tow, we headed to Eddie's Grocery store and got a few necessities. Hopefully they will see us through to pay day.

Had another terrific workout today (yesterday was also amazing; I was really 'in the zone'); now I'm home ripping music to my computer, and planning dinner while drinking the delicious Rooibos tea Michael bought me in honour of my 40-pound weight loss.

No comments: