Sunday, June 26, 2005

All My friends

In about a half hour, I'll see Victoria for the first time in about three months. I've made her a mix entitled "The Sunday Morning Montage," featuring songs my Amos Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, The Be Good Tanyas, Duran Duran, Janis Joplin, and Bjork, just to name a few.

She and her husband close on their dream house tomorrow, so I'm certain that much of our talk will focus on that, but there will also be the obvious topic of a certain wedding. I'm actually looking forward to it. I always feel better after debriefing with her, but yet I understand that I must also be careful. She will be at this wedding, and unlike Sarah and Michael, and has equally important loyalties to him as she does to me.

I'm also looking forward to her arrival because it means we can eat. I am starving! I had a protein smoothie this morning before my workout, and I am now really ready for lunch.

Speaking of food, I spent yesterday at a wine tasting with Sarah, Michael, Sarah's parents, and Amy, a good friend of Sarah's from her undergraduate days. After that, we went back to S's place for a spread of quinoa salad, "asian" coleslaw, salmon with creamy tamarind sauce, chipotle pork loin, and a spinach salad with carmelized pecans and strawberries tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Dessert was an appropriately summery affair of lemon cake with peaches soaked in triple sec and whipped cream. Her dad made us all cocktails, heavy on the liquor, which is how I like them....I'll not even speak about the hors d'oeuvres, which were also scrumptuous.

I guess that delicious meal was my way of celebrating a 4-pound loss this week. I'm hoping to lose at least three more over the next seven days.

No comments: