Friday, June 17, 2005

Sizzling

Mad Hot Ballroom was fun, inspirational, and triumphant without being too heavy handed. It is a documentary (a favourite genre of mine), so the sense of attachment I felt regarding the outcome of the competitions for the kids profiled was very strong. I loved hearing that New York accent in full force coming from 9, 10, and 11 year olds. And may I just say that so many of the little boys, who hail originally from the Dominican Republic, but have landed in one of the five boroughs, are simply beautiful? Their faces are like art. All the kids featured have tremendous character. Check it out, at least on DVD (when the time comes), if you can.

After the movie, Caryl and I got a cab back to our little city apartment. She worked on a song; I did the tension band routine. Shortly after that we both went to bed.

Tonight, the busy day at work (deadline!)behind us, we're going to an Os game. Hopefully the Birds will trounce the Colorado Rockies.

No comments: