Thursday, June 23, 2005

He who tends a Fig tree will eat it's fruit...

I used the fig body wash, exfoliant, and post-shower lotion for the first time last night to celebrate my raise. Catherine refers to any thing that one does to emotionally (or physically) pamper one's self as "self-care," and my work out, involved shower routine after the workout, and watching "The Incredibles" by candlelight was my self-care yesterday evening. My middle sister called not a half hour into the movie, though, and since we hardly ever get to chat, I didn't think telling her that I was watching a Pixar animation film and couldn't talk would go over well... so, I'll be attempting to watch "The Incredibles" again tonight.

One of a series of odd dreams I had... I was on a work-related trip and at one of the seminars, in the hallway, there was a scale that one could pay a quarter to use. In a stolen moment away from meetings and such, I attempted, furtively, to insert my quarter and weigh myself, but once I stepped onto the platform, it began to careen and wobble, and the digital display was unclear. I tried to hold it steady, so I could make out the different numbers, but only saw 170, which I knew referred to something other than my weight in pounds.

No comments: