Friday, May 27, 2005

Tomato Sandwich and Cream of Broccoli Soup

Sarah has recently turned me on to this simple, delicious meal. Tomato sandwiches on wheat with just a bit of mayo, and a sprinkle of salt (if desired). I had these grand plans to make an involved dinner last night, but frankly I was in the tenterhooks of emotional malaise, so that plan did not execute. Then I remembered my greenhouse beauties--firm and crisp, in the fridge. So I dragged myself off the couch and down to the corner deli to get some bread while Caryl slept the sleep of the dead. Once back in the apartment, I ate the simple and very satisfying meal of a tomato sandwich with cream of broccoli soup. I am still surprised at how little it takes to fill me up now.

Eventually, I did wake her. At about 8:40. I was trying not to be bossy, but I thought she would regret waking up on her own at 10,not having had any dinner, and completely unable to sleep the rest of the night. As it was, I let her sleep too long. She would have preferred being awakened sooner. So now I know.

No comments: