Monday, May 30, 2005

A Day at the Races

My sister is off to Pimlico with college chums for the day. I think it sounds beautifully grand and antiquated. I am home and preparing to do some light cleaning.

I woke up at about quarter to 9 this morning, ate some toasted Os, then headed to the Track on the University's Lacrosse field for a 2-mile power walk. When I returned to the apartment, Miss Caryl was just rising and preparing for a shower.

I decided to write to G and acknowledge both his birthday (yesterday)and his engagement. He wrote me back rather quickly and said he hoped that I might meet his intended soon. A remarkable degree of normalcy on his part given that he, himself, did not tell me about their engagement. It dawned on me before that perhaps not being included among those to whom he sent the e-mail was an oversight, but I eliminated it as a possibility. His reply today, however, has forced me to revisit this as a plausible explanation. I wrote him back and commented directly on the situation. I'll be interested to read his reply.

A delightful lunch of salmon with Light Lemonnaise, asparagus, portabella & zucchini sauteed with green tea to drink was a perfect mid-day meal. The banana pumpkin bread I made last night with pumpkin butter spread was an acceptable treat with which to finish off.

Sarah and I spent some time together at her place yesterday afternoon, then went to dinner in the suburbs before coming back to my apartment. We attempted to watch "Ocean's 12," but neither she, Caryl, nor myself were very invested in the plot. So we just told anecdotes... I baked the afore-mentioned bread while wearing a lovely thin cotton night gown I'd purchased from Hecht's earlier that afternoon.

No comments: