Thursday, May 12, 2005

Michael and I ordered chinese food for lunch yesterday. I went with shrimp and broccoli (no rice)...a fairly conservative choice (I ate as little as possible of the oily sauce) for takeout. Tonight, after the gym, I made a very health-friendly version of the same. I used canola cooking spray to saute the shrimp (plenty of Old Bay, of course). I added a good dose of Shitake Mushroom Sauce, too. I boiled the broccoli for only a minute or so, then removed the water. It was that bright green colour that lets you know the vitamin content is still intact (the worst thing you can do to a green vegetable is cook it within an inch of its life). Then, I added it into the pan with the shrimp. So light. So delicious. Almost no fat and little prep time.

This evening's workout consisted of the elliptical, the stairmaster, the rowing machine, and some lifting. Not too bad after all was said and done. I came home and did crunches; I try for at least 15 a night. I know that's by no means a ridiculous number, but I figure consistency is more important for me than quantity at this point.

My report card came today. Of course grades are not in yet, so I got that stupid "M" beside the class name, but I did get the benefit of seeing a lovely A beside the column for Poetry and Poetics, the class I hated at first.

No comments: