Saturday, May 14, 2005

Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining...

What a treat! A springtime thunderstorm. I love storms...I find them beautiful, lovely, the perfect accompaniment to jazz, self-introspection, and nice steaming cup of coffee or tea.

I started the process of making room for C today. In order to give her her own closet, I cleared out the one in the hall, took some things downstairs to my storage unit, put others in my closet, or in the kitchen, if appropriate. Tomorrow, at some point after the gym but before the reading in Hampden I'm attending with one of the women in my poetry group, I'll move the bookshelf of cds into the hallway.

Haven't been to FCF (Faith Christian Fellowship) in months. Because Sarah's moving away is imminent (she and Michael are headed down to NC this weekend for his audition. Praying people, pray!), I've been spending a lot of Sundays with her (the most convenient day for us to hang out), and aside from that, on the Sundays that I am at home, I was not very motivated to go. Very suddenly, I just lost my steam. In any case, I've decided that I am going to the 8 a.m. service tomorrow. I am really looking forward to having the corporate worship experience.

Lately, I've taken to eating mangos a bit differently (for me, anyway). Just taking off the peel with my thumb and forefinger, and holding the whole fleshy mess with both hands, biting around the core. Such a passionate fruit should be eaten with gusto. And I'm too impatient for slicing right now.

No comments: