Saturday, May 21, 2005

Cleaning Phase I Completed

After eating the small amount of leftover Afghan food (from Wednesday's outing) supplemented by roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, I went out for about a two-mile walk (with free weights). It felt so primitive compared to my gym workouts. But hey, I shouldn't knock it. I lost the first twenty pounds just doing that two or three times a week.

Cleaning is wonderfully invigorating. I finished sweeping, mopping, and wiping the kitchen by about 9:00, and then finally got the gumption to move my cd shelf from the bedroom into the hallway, so that I could rearrange the bed and open up the room some more. My sister is bringing her keyboard (w/stand), so creating a place for it was crucial.

Tomorrow, when I return from Sarah's, I'll do more dusting and sweeping. I'll also clean the bathroom. But today, I go wholesale club shopping. With two people in the house buying some things in bulk suddenly sounds like a good idea.

At this point, I'm just waiting for Sarah to arrive. We'll begin with breakfast at the One World (I am in love with their 7-grain pancakes!), then we'll push off onto our shopping adventure.

No comments: