Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My dreams were disjointed. In one segment, a series of steaming coffee karafes were sticking, handle side out, of the mailbox slots in my apartment building. The handles were orange, indicating a decaf brew. Every one had one except for me, and I thought, "well, the mailman knows I'm not drinking coffee anymore..."

It was a very striking image...that series of coffee pots in mailboxes. I might want to develop that for a poem.

Also, rather unceremoniously, I had a skim vanilla latte on Sunday. I ordered decaf, but I don't believe that's what it was. I didn't wake up planning it, but when Sarah and I were at starbucks, I decided to have one to test the waters, in lieu of the green tea I usually order at cafes now. It has clearly been long enough because it just wasn't that big a deal to me (and I know lattes are more milk than anything else), and I wasn't immediately sucked back into the addiction vortex. I may be ready to have the real stuff from time to time now.

No comments: