Friday, May 20, 2005

Last Night's poetry group was spirited. Our host served a tangy whole wheat penne pasta salad and also provided chocolate covered strawberries. I picked up some dessert from Whole Foods (the piece de reistance of which was a raspberry chocolate cake with butter cream frosting) to take to the fete.

I had been struggling all day to come up with a poetic offering for the evening. I ended up crafting a piece about the dinner with C and Desperately the night before, prosaically titled "The Dinner Engagement."

Blast it! It's a gloomy glum day here in Charm City. No matter. I have tons of housecleaning to do this evening. There is dusting and polishing the furniture, sweeping the floors, plumping sofa cushions, cleaning the counters, mopping the kitchen floor, and scrubbing the bathroom.

Caryl is coming on Sunday and Saturday I will spend with Sarah,so it's all about tonight (with finishing touches done on Sunday morning before Caryl's arrival). I have three Netflix DVDs to get through as well. I think I'll be watching one of them while I clean. Don't ask me how, but I've learned to watch films while not being in the same room with the tv.

Haven't slept particularly well any night this week, and it's starting to show...

No comments: