Saturday, May 28, 2005

Frankie & Johnny

Caryl and I are taking in a matinee of the above-linked show today. Before we set out though, there is the now seemingly overly ambitious goal of laundry and making ourselves gourmet omelettes.

I wasn't expecting to get paid until Tuesday, but a glance at my online banking profile revealed the usual deposit increment that means a paycheck has been put into my account. Now maybe I can take myself out on Memorial Day. Everyone I know is busy, including my sister who is meeting up with friends on Monday.

Everyone is moving on, going on to the next phase of their lives. I feel that life is passing me by. As much as I'm trying to do something about that (working on myself), I still worry that 20 years are going to pass and that I'm still going to be alone, mourning losses, getting cabs to matinee movies.

No comments: