Saturday, April 12, 2003

Unbelievable You, Impossible Me (or Irresistable force meets immovable object)

'Bina and I are listening to James Taylor's October Road cd (I borrowed today's title from a line in one of the songs). She is painting with water colours; I just finished typing out my letter of resignation (which she edited between masterpieces). It is ready to be placed squarely on my boss's desk.

Earlier this evening we went out for a drive along the beautiful, northern stretches of Falls Road, and experienced the antiquity of Baltimore in the impossible beauty of the Spring that has finally come, we hope to stay.

The day before yesterday I got a letter from the lovely Devika, which I am carrying around in my purse to help me feel the warmth of her friendship wherever I go. I like to let her letters steep in my heart for a while before responding, and when I do, I like to make a moment of it.

I feel very happy right now. God, help me not to mistrust it.

No comments: