Tuesday, April 15, 2003

He e-mailed me, as is his custom, to say that he cannot make it on Tuesday (today), but that maybe he and I can get together later in the week. Honestly? I wanted to celebrate with just him. I stopped short of praying for that, because I didn't want to be greedy, but now that is the way it will have to be. I replied to him that I don't have any money, so whatever we do it cannot cost a lot. I hope that won't be an issue, or a deterrent, if he is equally broke. I could celebrate with him just sitting in a room, making eyes at each other, and nursing cheap coffee. This is love, afterall.

Last night I enjoyed 3 excellent phone calls. I caught up with an old friend from my earlier Baltimore days, the unassailably cool Devika telephoned with stellar news of her engagement, and my youngest sister and I debriefed about her latest (and most viable) crush. And, as if all of this is not enough, I was in bed before 11:30. Life is just yummy right now.

No comments: