Saturday, April 26, 2003

For She's A Jolly Good Fellow, Which Nobody Can Deny...

My teammates took me out to the Macaroni Grill for my parting lunch and presented me with a generous gift card for Barnes & Noble, which I've already spent on fun things for my new work space. I didn't get teary-eyed or anything, but I did feel that catch we've all gotten in our throats from time to time when leaving something behind forever, even if it wasn't good at the end. I printed out the penultimate e-mail my boss sent me in response to an FYI I sent to one of our government agency reps, to inform her of my departure and the name of the person who would be coordinating the receipt and tracking of camera-ready packages from now on. The e-mail said "Kate, thank you for sending out this notice. I had thought of it earlier, but forgot. Right up to the last minute, you're still thinking business."

A lovely note on which to leave. And now, with the exception of needing to mail in my access badge, my business there is complete. I remember what a relief it was to get that job 3 years ago. It was my salvation from a very bad, angst-filled situation in DC with that crazy woman I only worked for for 6 months. I can honestly say, I met some fine people.

Now off I go to find the rest of my life...

No comments: