Friday, April 18, 2003

Good Friday

I woke up today to a phone call from my long-lost Godfather. I saw him last when I was 23, at my birthday party. We chatted only briefly, but I got his phone number. I'm supposed to keep in touch. He asked me if I had a "young man" in my life.

So, I gave the short version of my Mr. Renaissance tale, by turns of woe that we will never be together, then of warm confidence in the rightness of him in my life. My surrogate dad type felt that all I can do is continue in this vein, because it is organic for me to do so. My prayers confirm what I need to know about Mr. R. He is the man with whom I want to spend the rest of my days on earth.

He called me yesterday to nail down some things about tonight. I was actually on the phone with Sassafrass Teawrap talking about him when he beeped through. Though we talked for less than 4 minutes, I was comforted (not even realizing I needed that), and felt that he was confirmed to me somehow.

This afternoon I will be having lunch with my former boss from Hopkins. We are celebrating my new employment with another formidable institution to begin on April 28th.

Today will be good, indeed.

No comments: