Saturday, April 12, 2003

No More Drama

I really am Chicken Little--the original alarmist. The sky is always falling on poor old me. Mr. Renaissance was, as always, fine, and pretty nonchalant about what I considered my "scolding" attitude. Apparently, he's having phone aversion right now. Whatever. I mean, that's cool. The larger issue is the fact that wanting him to call felt like too much to ask. That's my bag. That's my deal. Other people cannot give me what I need, ultimately.

Listening to the same song on the Boys II Men "Legacy" album--track 10--I don't even know what it's called. But it's that melancholy R&B type slow jam w/synthesized percussion where some man with a tear-strained voice is all like "Things sucked for me at first when you left, but it's alright 'cause I know more now than I used to." These are not the words, but that's the vibe. You know what I mean.

I wish I had a scotch and soda to nurse. I wish I had candles lit. I would just listen to this song over and over again, sip the bitter whiskey, and mourn my 6th grade crush or some such nonsense.

Okay, here is where I remind myself that I have been liberated from my hellacious commute (in 2 weeks)!

No comments: