Monday, April 21, 2003

The Coffee Pot Is Malfunctioning...

I barely managed to eke out a half a pot of subpar (and way too thick) brew. So, I am nursing a cup of that stuff and nibbling at my jumbo banana cake from 7-11. Some kind soul brought in two cans of generic cashews and set them out on the "free for all" counter in the kitchen. I took one of them (not full) and stashed it in my desk. I'm sorry, but they are my favourite kind of nut.

I've never read anything by Jane Austen, but I feel like I'm living out a prototype of her novels. Everything is all church functions, lunches, long naps, primitive travel (for me this is the train, not a horse and carriage), weddings, and a tortured, but delightful "will they or won't they?" love affair at the center making all the other drivel worth mucking through. And well, if e-mails replace letters in this scenario then it becomes even more "Old World."

Mr. Renaissance did not call me yesterday. I don't know if he didn't get my e-mail, or simply preferred to keep his day simple, and so didn't feel compelled to have company. I can honestly say that while I would have loved to have seen him, I was okay with not doing so. I hope he had some good time to think and paint and read, perhaps.

So I need to busy myself with little things like unloading the crap I've collected in my cubicle over the last several months. I wonder if I'm responsible to contact human resources about an exit interview. I can't imagine that I am, but in the spirit of proactivity, I think I will ask about that this morning.

No comments: