Monday, April 14, 2003

Happier days are definitely ahead for you; struggle has ended. --Fortune Cookie message I received about a week and a half before my interview

Well, I am officially resigned. My boss and I had a nice chat in which she communicated that while the news was not good for her (and made her morning rough), she was very happy for me, and wished me the best. The news was announced at our weekly team meeting this morning. I feel lighter. I've already begun the "tidying" process.

In other news, I am slated to have drinks with Ms. F., Mr. R., and potentially another woman, whom I'll call Coquette. I think her presence might be a bit much, so I hope she cannot make it (as she is expected to be unable to do so). Obviously, I did not invite her. But, if she does show up, it probably won't hamper my good mood since I am being toasted by friends. More than at any other time, I can afford to be socially charitable.

No comments: