Wednesday, April 16, 2003

The Passion

Mikhail has decided to host a small group of people at his place to listen to Bach's Passion of St. Matthew. Light fare and dessert to follow. I had been wanting to invite Mr. Renaissance to this since M began to kick the idea around a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to even more, yesterday, when I realized that we were nearing "later in the week" and Mr. R. and I still did not have a plan for our own hangtime.

When I was out with Ms. F for drinks last night, in the context of discussing my plans for Friday, she encouraged me to invite him (not even knowing I'd been thinking about doing so) because He does this every year himself! It mirrored my desire so perfectly, I wasted no time asking him. Mr. R. wrote me back and said he would love to be part of it. So, there you have it. I have been wanting to spend Good Friday with him for the last few years because it is such an important day to me, and I know it is to him as well. We both strive to commemorate it in the context of our lives, and that acknowledgment has blessed us both, individually--so I want the experience of being with him--and being blessed together.

Besides, it was the saturday after Good Friday 3 years ago that Ms. F. told me Mr. R. said I was "so pretty," and lamented that he had not gotten to know me better before I moved away from Baltimore. It was on this day that he mentioned how much we had in common, how lovely our conversations were, how he wished he'd kept in better touch with me...

Full circle. Maybe.

No comments: