Friday, December 19, 2003

Want a plane that loops the loop (I still want a hula hoop); we can hardly stand the wait. Please, Christmas don't be late. (Alvin & the Chipmunks)

Last night after work, instead of going to the office holiday party (which I had been boycotting, but then wasn't, and then just decided not to go) I went to the mall. I actually dread the mall more and more as I advance in years, but this time of year has got to be my least favourite time to go. With that being said, I got some really lovely things for my sisters, and felt tons better about the arrival of Christmas day (before 7:00 p.m. last night I'd had yet to purchase anything for the girls).

This morning at 7:30 (I spent the night at Sarah's place) I got up, showered, and we headed to Target (the promised land for many shoppers). I actually love that store more and more as I get older. They managed to do what Wal-Mart never could (and never will). They've managed to establish themselves as a credible place for people of all socio-economic classes to shop. It's all marketing, and they've done a bang up job.

Speaking of bang up jobs, I did one today at the bull's eye by finding several cool things to delight friends and family alike. Now I just need to get to a wholesale food club (tomorrow morning) to get hors d'oeuvres (mini quiche, etc.) and liquor for the holiday family dinner I'm hosting.

No comments: