Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Care Package

Catherine and I have been bantering via e-mail for weeks about how to create "Sanctuary Now!" in my apartment which I both love and loathe. Even though I am looking to move sooner rather than later, I know I need to stop waiting for my real life to start. So, I have been trying to intentionally enjoy living there by making it comfortable and cozy--like a treehouse or a fort or something.

To that end, I received a wonderful package from Catherine, containing an "everything included" cross stitch project, crayons, a coloring book (w/stickers!), two red taper candles, and my copies of the photos taken with Catherine's camera when I was in Boston at the end of the summer. Even though yesterday was a beautiful day for mail (Christmas cards from friends I haven't heard from in a while), Catherine's package made me cry. I felt so loved and cherished.

Oh, and I colored for the first time in years! Perhaps, dearest Catchka, I will send you some of my masterpieces. It was an amazing way to transition from work to my after dinner plans.

Later, I went out with a friend from whom I have been somewhat estranged. Sara (no "h") and I went Christmas shopping, and then had cocoa at Barnes & Noble. I had a very pleasant time. Now that I have an "honesty, regardless" policy with her things are much less stressful for me.

Here's what I'm happy about today:

Croissants
Spearmint Altoids
Christmas cards
Coffee (did you really think it wouldn't be on this list?)
Catherine (almost everything on this list starts with a "c")
Carly Simon's song "Coming Around Again" ("I know nothing stays the same, but if you're willing to play the game, it will be comin' around again....")

No comments: