Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I've asked my family to consider doing Christmas at my apartment in Baltimore this year. I would love to host it at my place to create a lasting memory of my time in that apartment, to commemorate it being just mine, before I leave it behind. Also, practically speaking, I'm the one without transportation, so it makes sense that the folks with the cars should come to me. My mother is the hold out. She is basing whether or not this is workable on Jim, and what he feels like doing.

I know for a fact that one recommendation letter is on its way to me in the post. Soon, I'll be sending in applications to a university and to a leasing company. It strikes me now that this is all (getting into school/moving) a very delicate operation, the success of which is predicated upon immaculate timing.

But I don't believe in chance. I believe in faith-based choices, and a sovereign God who holds all my days in His hands.

Today's happy news: Math lessons for every grade have been edited and finalized. I'm on my way with this deadline business. Oh, and the vacation day I requested (Dec. 19th) is being given to me as a comp day.

No comments: