Sunday, December 07, 2003

Sundried Tomatoes

I made my mother and Jim a birthday supper (My mother's birthday was last week; Jim's is tomorrow) of Sundried Tomato Chicken and Pesto Linguini with Tomato Basil and Parmesan bread. We had ice cream and coffee for dessert. It was a pleasant time actually. I never know how these things are going to go.

I'm psyched because we nailed down plans for Christmas day, which will be happening at my place. My mom and I need to hammer out a lot of the menu, but I did get her to agree to Crown Roast and Cornish Game Hens as the meat centerpieces, which she will contribute to the supper. I will take care of sides, liquor, and appetizers, which I think is fair. We'll cook everything here together.

So, it will be me, my two sisters, my mom, Jim, and my sister's boyfriend. I envision a long, leisurely day of movies, drinks, anecdotes, and having the warmth of the holiday in my space. So I won't have to wake up on Christmas morning alone, my youngest sister will stay over with me on Christmas eve (if she wants to--I haven't asked her yet).

One more week till I apply to grad school and for a new apartment, but the next step is navigating treacherous ice paths to get to work tomorrow. One day at a time.

No comments: