Monday, December 22, 2003

Holiday Lunch

Bina, Catchka, Karenina, Rachael,and I ate in the conference room today (wholefoods smorgasbord) and exchanged presents. I got some lovely clove and tuscan herb-scented candles, ground coffee (cafe verona), and a dream dictionary. Not bad for the preliminary gifts. Not bad at all. I love that Rachael wrapped her offerings to us in Spongebob Squarepants paper.

I love that people are starting to file out early, and won't be back for the rest of the week. I love that things are coming together, and that even though I went all out again this year, and am temporarily broke, that I'm going to get to see the people I love open up presents I know they will love.

And I'm happy that a good friend and former roommate of mine has a man in her life who's flying home with her to meet her family. She's one of those women who is long overdue for someone; I hope this is it for her.

I'm so over being at work right now. I feel like I should be stringing up cranberries and popcorn or something. Standing around a piano with friends singing something campy like "The Twelve Days of Christmas."

No comments: