Tuesday, December 09, 2003

City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks

So I read earlier this month that some lady got trampled at Wal-Mart when the 6 a.m. shopping bell went off. DVD players were going for 29.99, and people, as usual, lost their minds. It’s not quite the same, but a man who may or may not have been visually impaired nearly walked right into me at 7-11 the other day, and when I moved out of his way, and apologized, he cursed me out with an anger so deep-seated, it could only be described as demonic. I wasn’t angry, just dumbfounded by his rage.

And Above All This Bustle You Hear

Gray, slow moving, cotton ball clouds herald the coming of nightfall. I said yes to Sarah’s spontaneous invitation to stay over at her place to night. She’s going to make tetrazzini and wanted to share. Besides, It’s nice to know I don’t have to ride the bus tonight with the riff-raff (or pay to ride with riff-raff).

Hear the Snow Crunch, See the Kids Bunch

Pathways are less icy today, but I think more white stuff is imminent. I’m not dreaming of a white Christmas, okay? This morning, while watching snippets of religious programming, I began to think about Gordon, and my longing for him bloomed torturously in my chest. I miss his face, his hands, the lines of him… but I also know he’s off doing what he needs to do. I can’t explain it, but I know this time of almost no activity in our friendship is crucial in order for us to become more.

No comments: