Thursday, August 21, 2003

A week ago tomorrow I bought red gerber daisies from WholeFoods. I am happy to report that they are still going strong, browning only a tiny bit at the edges of the petals. They live in a vintage black cherry soda bottle, and sit in the sun's direct path. Like most people, I find my spirits lifted by fresh flowers, and love the way they can brighten even the drabest space.

Today Bina and I sat in my cubicle having an editorial caucus, really hammering stuff out, and trying to iron out the creases. The busy season at work will last well into the beginning of the school year, but I find that I am still happier than at any other time, with my work situation.

Tomorrow, one of the women that I manage will put in her final 8 hours on the curriculum project, and will start to pursue her doctoral degree in English Literature. That is my ultimate dream, but for now, I belong where I am.

I told a friend in an e-mail yesterday that I feel that I am about to be ushered into a season of unprecedented joy. I want that so much.

No comments: