Saturday, August 23, 2003

The dishwasher is chugging along and John Mayer's "Any Given Thursday" is playing above the sound of the hot, sudsy water.

I went to work for about five and a half hours this morning, then came home to a lunch of barbecue bacon pizza courtesy of Sarah, which we ate with Michael while watching a documentary on Slave Narratives. They are both at Trader Joe's right now, and I'm glad for the quick spell of alone time, which I almost never have these days.

I feel a tiny bit melancholy, matching the mood of John Mayer's "Covered In the Rain," which is something of a sequel to his "City Love," which also makes me sad, even though it's about the perfect days about his love affair with Lydia (who leaves him in "Covered").

Sometimes I wonder what I'm waiting for, if what I'm waiting for will ever find me out.


No comments: