Sunday, August 10, 2003

My time with Victoria was awesome. We spent about four hours together, and covered all the topics I hoped we would--including G--quite a bit about him actually. I think for a time it was good to separate my friendship with her from my ongoing, internal angst about him, but today it ended up being right that we should discuss him to a great extent, so we did.

Victoria and I, not surprisingly are having similar unrest about the church issue... where to worship, etc. etc. It's something we've both gone round and round about in our own lives for years. I asked her all about what marriage was like, and she shared with me that because she and her husband are both introverts, she loved that she was still able to enjoy all the solitude she had as a single person, and that she loves spending time with Michael when they are both at home because they each "have their own thing going on."

Honestly, that is a model for the kind of marriage I want--have always wanted--a lot of independence and the solitude needed to cultive a meaningful interior life--but that I can share with a like soul--who will guard my need for space and privacy as I will for him. It makes the coming together golden, I think.

She told me that she loved me before we parted ways, and I felt so enveloped in that sentiment--and was able to give that right back to her.

It was a great day.

Oh, and I took bina's advice and just moussed my hair after washing today. It looks pleasantly, but intentionally disheveled, which I like.

No comments: