Friday, August 15, 2003

19 days til 30...

In about 45 minutes I am going shopping for organic produce for a meal I intend to make on Saturday night. On Saturday night Gordon will meet my two sisters; we will all hang out at my apartment, eat dinner, make conversation, etc. He has never met anyone from my family, though he has heard numerous tales about my mother, whom he is not meeting. That is an undertaking for another time.

I plan to make portabello-stuffed ravioli in vodka sauce with crumbled bacon, chives, and freshly grated cheese sprinkled on top. I was going to do a soup course, too, but Sarah pointed out that that might be too many creamy textures in one meal (I wanted to do butternut squash soup). I will substitute with an acceptable appetizer and salad. I'll have to come up with a summery dessert...hmmm... any suggestions?

Tonight I will do all my laundry (this is frightfully overdue), tidy up the apartment some more (this includes mopping the kitchen floor), and entertain my youngest sister, who is spending the night with me (the other one will come tomorrow when she is done with work).

The sun is shining brightly, the person I was supposed to interview at 3:30 never showed, and I can hear my cubicle neighbor's phone ringing. I know this day won't ever stand out in my memory after its sun sets. But for the record, this is me, 19 days before my 30th birthday, the day before the man I'm going to marry meets my sisters for the first time, the hour before I leave work...

No comments: