Sunday, August 10, 2003

Citizen Krupnik

So, I finally know what "rosebud" means. Sarah and I watched the acclaimed film last night while eating carryout. I had worked a full day at the office (happily, actually) and was somewhat incapable of much else. I didn't know what to expect, I just knew seeing "Citizen Kane" was something I needed to do since it is in the collective [American cinema] lexicon of all excellent artistic endeavors.

After sleeping for about 12 hours, and making my way through the murky pond water of several upsetting dreams, I woke up this morning, washed some dishes, and made the 20-minute walk to return my library book (a day late). I came home and took a shower that made me feel like a new person! in about 45 minutes I will get together with Victoria for coffee here, whom I haven't seen since her wedding day.

I'm looking forward to it, but I hope that the conversation is kept mostly to her life. I have a lot of questions about how she's finding married life, about her new puppy, what's just like she expected, what's different, etc. I want to talk about my work, which I take quite a bit of pride in these days. I don't want to talk about G much, if at all. I found that the connection between them and their friendship, and me and her, and our friendship gets too cross-hatched in my brain, if I let her be too privy to my assessment of the "process" with him. Also, I just don't find it helpful. She always ends up inadvertently hurting my feelings somehow. I think I am just too sensitive about stuff with him, so I'm really going to try to stay closed-mouthed about it all.

Well, I'm just sitting here in my bathrobe. I guess I should put on some clothes.

No comments: