Friday, August 22, 2003

I'm having an excellent day, productivity-wise. I'm about to start editing the online handbook, but I spent the bulk of the day plowing through lessons for Reading 5. I was even able to have a lunch chat with one of the document formatters whose work I managed this summer--the one who will be continuing to pursue her Ph.D. in Literature.

I had especially lively e-mail exchanges with Catchka, and received missives from several other friends, too. Listen to me people, it may be old hat now, but Instant Messaging and E-mail are miracles!

Speaking of small pleasures, I haven't had the luxury of being able to go out to the waterfront to pray or to get grounded in several days, but today, just after 2:30, I felt myself being drawn out there--I had to get out of the building--and I enjoyed a really lovely conversation with God. It seemed that He, Himself, lured me out there for a little rendezvous.

So, what's noteworthy right now? Let's see... My youngest sister will be 18 on Monday (and it is also her 1st day of school). I guess that's it.

The light outside is taking on the evening, twilight quality that I love so much. I can't stop feeling deliciously content.

No comments: