Sunday, May 04, 2003

Three Wishes

If I were to stumble upon an old lamp from an Arabian cache of booty, and just happened to rub it, and a benevolent genie just happened to materialize from within (well-rested from having slept a thousand years), and he wanted to grant me three wishes, this is what I would ask for:

1. To have all my debt erased (and as part of that, any dubious credit ratings made perfect).

2. Entrance into the graduate school/program of my choice for the fall of 2004.

3. A better apartment--still in the city--in which to live comfortably.

*************************************

Odds 'N Ends

My sister Caryl has been here this weekend getting tutoring for an important math test that she has coming up. Sarahbina graciously offered her services to this end.

On Friday, I received an e-mail from Johns Hopkins (not a personal one, but a "tailored" one) asking me to come and register for their Masters in Writing program. Kismet.

I had not formally requested any information from them.... How did they know?

No comments: