Thursday, May 22, 2003

Stretched

The tension that lives in the space between my shoulder blades is taut with the pain of being stretched. I felt myself snapping, the seams unraveling...at work today. I feel the weight of the world in that space. My ability to be flexible is limited. That has to change, clearly. It isn't unwillingness, It's my discomfort with the unwieldy element, whatever that happens to be. I like it best when things are humming along...established, unquestioned, and humming along.

As a side note PF is leaving our little start up for a job with some organization I have already forgotten the name of. Today was his last day. It's funny. My hypervigilance over information experienced slippage when I first heard about this... Someone said earlier this week that he was leaving, but I thought they meant for the day. He came by my desk this afternoon and asked me for my business card--so he could keep in touch. I will miss him commenting on my cubicle decorations. And he told me that he would miss seeing what new post cards I bring in... It's nice to have struck someone as being cool and fun to talk to.

He and his girlfriend (to whom he will probably be proposing soon) are going to Paris for the Memorial day weekend. Hearing that reminded me of how much I do yearn to see that city. Maybe I will take a vacation this fall.... Maybe New England again...

I would love a beer, to get away, have this knot in my back moved away by strong hands.

Upnote: I will see the illustrious Catchka on Saturday. And I don't go back to work until next Wednesday. Okay, so things are looking up as we speak...

No comments: