Monday, May 12, 2003

I am pleased to report that I enjoyed a very pleasant Mother's Day. My mom loved the presents I got her (including a Japanese Brush painting set), and the comforter and sheets set (she was so touched by this gift that she cried) from my sister and the "almost boyfriend" figure. She looked very lovely in a dusty rose coloured blouse and tan capri pants with matching sandals.

Sarahbina and I tried to watch "Secretary" last night, but found that the S&M (among other themes) bits were a bit too much for either of our tastes. I wasn't bothered, per se, but I wasn't invested either, and felt that I could live my life without seeing how this particular story ended, so we shut it off.

I just enjoyed a rather tasty lunch from the WholeFoods market--Thai soup (with shrimp and scallops) and a little container of "chicken nibblers" I bought to supplement the soup. I hope that sees me throught the next 5 hours or so.

I brought in a candy dish this morning to make my cubicle more "visitor-friendly." I can always eat my own chocolate if I need more sustenance. Speaking of the office, I'm relieved to have decorated my space a bit more. I am a big fan of postcards, and little items you can tape up or tack up. Cheap, easy, and visually stimulating. I believe a person's space should say something about who they are--even at work--maybe especially at work, since that is the place we are least likely to be known.

No comments: