Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I'm sitting here in a Yankees baseball cap and the business casual outfit I wore to work, trying to figure out how to say He was just here.

See we had a bottle of wine we couldn't open, and it was crucial to Sarah's pot roast recipe, so she said Call him, see if he has one...ask him to bring it over. So I did, and he came. He left the corkscrew behind. Maybe I imagined the look on his face, the small opening door of his smile when he handed it to me, saying he could get another one. I love saving the day, he told us....

At some point, shortly after opening the bottle, Sarah spilled a bit, and said she wasn't sure why, but she was a bit agitated and nervous. He said "Katie can do that to a person."

He stayed for about 15 minutes. In the course of that time I asked him what he'd be doing tomorrow for his birthday, he said that he'd be getting together with Victoria and a couple of other people at the Charles Village Pub. Then, he asked me if I wanted to come, and if I needed a ride. I said yes, and that I did.

'Bina, ever quick on her feet, also invited him over for dinner some night next week (To Be Determined by him and me), for a belated b-day dinner. I could have kissed her.

I spent some more time outside during the tiny lunch break that I took praying for his and my friendship--that God would open the floodgates of our respective hearts to each other, that He would grant us access to each other so we can really begin this thing.

No comments: