Sunday, May 25, 2003

There is something so comforting to me about Catchka. She is affectionate, nurturing, hysteria-inducing funny, and her favourite of all adjectives... feisty!

Sarahbina, she, and I all went out to dinner and ate grilled flank steak salad, walnut encrusted chicken breast over fettucine, and spinach and tomato cream sauce over fettucine, respectively. She introduced us to this dish whose music and voice I have fallen for (as Lady C predicted I would).

I felt so blessed to have seen her, and when she left at close to 1 a.m., I was tired and full of her essence, so I slept nicely, deeply...

I e-mailed g yesterday. I thanked him for inviting me to the movie, told him I had a good time. He wrote me back that he had fun too... It was just a sweet exchange. Kind of basic, but I was glad to be able to intuit that there is something less business-oriented about our interactions these days. Reading his reply made me remember how the smell of his skin mingled with tobacco and laundry detergent, wafted upward and caressed my senses during the movie, and in those moments, sitting in the dark and knowing him only by his scent, I felt such affection for him. I wanted to bury my nose in the crook of his neck, fold myself into him, pour myself into him until we were one spirit.

if you were mine, if you were mine... i wouldn't want to go to heaven...you're ruling the way that i move, and i breathe your air...

No comments: