Monday, February 24, 2003

I've begun reading Alice Walker's The Way Forward Is With A Broken Heart. I read her daughter's memoir, Black, White, and Jewish... not long ago, and find that having something of a commentary (a literary one, to be sure) from Alice on her first, young marriage, helps me to enter into the wonder and romance of that connection.

I had a hard time sleeping last night; I often do on Sunday evenings. I would attribute this to the fact that I tend to stay up later on Friday and Saturday nights than I would during the week, but in truth, I hit the hay by about 10:30 on both evenings. I still did not close my eyes before 2 a.m. this morning, which was torture when my alarm went off a mere two hours after that. There was one pleasant element to it, though.

Sarahbina and I talked about the men in our lives in the quiet dark of the room we share. Me in my bed, her in hers, it was like whispering with a sister on a school night. But there were no parents to hear our chatter and come in to shush us. It bolstered my hope to talk about Mr. Renaissance with her. I have not seen him in over a month. While this is not terribly uncommon, I smart from the absence.

I wonder what this week will hold. I just hope I manage to hold it all together.

Tonight, I cavort with Sassafrass Teawrap, my Sensei of Wonderment. I know this will cheer me up.

No comments: