Tuesday, February 18, 2003

The Aftermath

I find myself a little cagey, a bit depressed, in a manageable sort of way, and irritable, too. I haven't been outside since Friday night (though I have been out of my apartment) and I am starting to miss the world. I am lacking beneficial interaction with someone other than literary characters, none of whom have truly won my heart (though I am pleased to say the girl does get the guy in In the Drink). My sister is still here because the trains just haven't been running. If you read these pages with any regularity, you have no doubt deduced that the rails are my sole means of travel. Oh. And my own two feet.

The one obvious benefit to all of this is that my work week will be beginning in the middle, and will be over before I know it. And on Thursday I have a therapy session to look forward to--the one indication that progress is being made in my life.

Well, I'm out of half and half so I guess I'll go down to old faithful and get some coffee...

No comments: